Can we build a wall on our southern border?
• The US-Mexico border is approximately 1,900 miles, or 10,032,000 ft long
• Trump said he would build a wall 30 feet deep (in the ground?), and 30 feet high, and I’ll assume 10 feet thick
• Every 10 foot long section of that wall (assuming solid construction) would require approximately 222.22 cubic yards of concrete
• 1,900 miles of such a wall would require 222,931,104 cubic yards of concrete
• Last time I priced concrete in my local area, it was $110/cubic yard
• At that price it would take $24,522,421,440 (about $24.5 billion) plus labor, etc to build the wall
• In 2010, it was estimated that illegal immigration costs taxpayers $113 billion dollars
• We have several million more illegal aliens now than in 2010, and they are receiving far more in benefits.
So, for LESS THAN HALF OF ONE YEAR’S WORTH of what we are spending on illegal aliens, we could build a heavily fortified wall, and then man it with guards and guns.
Filed under: Illegal Immigration | Tagged: anchor baby, border, border security, concrete, cost of illegal immigration, deport, deportation, Donald Trump, illegal alien, Illegal Immigration, taxpayer dollars, wall, Welfare | Leave a comment »
Would someone please explain to me why this would in any way be a BAD thing?
This is EXACTLY how you handle the illegal aliens WITHOUT having to physically deport them. Take away the freebies, AND let them know they will be arrested and deported if caught, and somehow the illegal aliens tend to magically vanish.
This is NOT a new idea, and HAS been done before. Successfully, I might add.
Hispanic students vanish from Alabama schools
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (AP) — Hispanic students have started vanishing from Alabama public schools in the wake of a court ruling that upheld the state’s tough new law cracking down on illegal immigration.
Education officials say scores of immigrant families have withdrawn their children from classes or kept them home this week, afraid that sending the kids to school would draw attention from authorities.
There are no precise statewide numbers. But several districts with large immigrant enrollments — from small towns to large urban districts — reported a sudden exodus of children of Hispanic parents, some of whom told officials they planned to leave the state to avoid trouble with the law, which requires schools to check students’ immigration status.
The UN is an anti-American, anti-sovereignty entity that will ALWAYS work counter to the interests of America.
There is a LONG list of Mexican and other illegal immigrants who come to this country ILLEGALLY, commit crimes including murder, and many, many times they are not deported, released from jail, and they commit MORE crimes and kill MORE American citizens. When you come to America and murder our citizens, I don’t care what country you come from, you are now subject to OUR LAWS.
Screw the UN. And if Obama wants to keep turning our sovereignty over to them, screw him to. It’s past time to get the UN out of the US, and the US out of the UN.
U.N. asks Texas to commute Mexican’s death sentence
By Stephanie Nebehay | Reuters – Fri, Jul 1, 2011
GENEVA (Reuters) – The top U.N. human rights official urged the governor of Texas on Friday to call off the execution next week of a Mexican citizen convicted of murder who was not told of his right to diplomatic advice when arrested.
Filed under: Immigration, Opressive Government, Progressivism | Tagged: death sentence, Humberto Leal Garcia, illegal alien, illegal immigrant, imprisonment, Mexican, Mexico, murder, murderer, Obama, rape, sovereignty, Texas, U.N., United Nations, Vienna Convention | Leave a comment »