Can we build a wall on our southern border?
• The US-Mexico border is approximately 1,900 miles, or 10,032,000 ft long
• Trump said he would build a wall 30 feet deep (in the ground?), and 30 feet high, and I’ll assume 10 feet thick
• Every 10 foot long section of that wall (assuming solid construction) would require approximately 222.22 cubic yards of concrete
• 1,900 miles of such a wall would require 222,931,104 cubic yards of concrete
• Last time I priced concrete in my local area, it was $110/cubic yard
• At that price it would take $24,522,421,440 (about $24.5 billion) plus labor, etc to build the wall
• In 2010, it was estimated that illegal immigration costs taxpayers $113 billion dollars
• We have several million more illegal aliens now than in 2010, and they are receiving far more in benefits.
So, for LESS THAN HALF OF ONE YEAR’S WORTH of what we are spending on illegal aliens, we could build a heavily fortified wall, and then man it with guards and guns.
Filed under: Illegal Immigration | Tagged: anchor baby, border, border security, concrete, cost of illegal immigration, deport, deportation, Donald Trump, illegal alien, Illegal Immigration, taxpayer dollars, wall, Welfare |